I am a keynote speaker, trainer and author specialising in leadership, crisis & emergency management, crisis communications and hostage negotiations.
I have over 37 years of leadership experience in both law enforcement and the security industry. I was a hostage negotiator for 24 years and a Crisis Negotiation Unit Commander for 12 years. I’ve had guns pulled on me, almost been killed by a machete wielding mad-man and hold the record for Hong Kong’s fastest successful hostage negotiation (30 seconds!). I have responded to countless emergencies and incidents, including major protests, triad gang fights and hurricane force typhoons. I have never had to rescue a cat stuck up in a tree, though!
With extensive front-line and command level tactical, operational and strategic experience, I regularly speak and train on ways organisations can:
• Ensure their readiness & response capabilities for any emerging crisis or incident
• Improve their capacity, interoperability & resilience
• Enhance coordination & cooperation with the authorities, particularly police & emergency services
• Develop competent, committed & courageous leaders capable of handling all-hazard situations
• Better communicate & collaborate with partners & stakeholders, both internal & external
• Respond effectively to threats that might adversely affect business continuity or reputation
I am currently based in Hong Kong and welcome invitations to speak and train both regionally as well as globally.
If you're putting on a corporate conference or event and need an engaging, entertaining and thought-provoking speaker with humorous real-life stories and great actionable content on the subjects of critical incident leadership, crisis & emergency management, crisis communications, counter-terrorism, pandemic preparation or hostage negotiations, please contact me on Linkedin.