Yau Png Ow
CEO & Co-Fou...
Technical Territory Manager at Checkmarx
This profile is maintained by the Onstage curation team using publicly available information. If this is your profile, claim it!Claim profile
I'm a passionate and energetic Enterprise Software professional with 20+ years of experience at various roles and capacities.
In the last 7 years I worked as a Presales Consultant (Sales Engineer), with focus on solution architecture tailored to the customer needs, value-based selling, live product demonstration, managing proof-of-concepts etc. I played a key role in securing large deals with major enterprise customers like NAB, ANZ Bank, Telstra, Energy Australia, DHS, ATO and many others.
I excel at creating personal rapport with key technical stakeholders on the customer side by demonstrating my technical capacity as it's applied to the specific customer needs as well as a genuine care for their success.
Another key strength I possess is a tremendous capability to understand technology and create non-trivial solutions based on out-of-the-box approach in order to meet the most challenging customer demands. I'm a fast learner and, over the years, have been able to successfully deal with a stream of new technologies, regardless of their complexity.
I intend to continue pursuing this career.
These are the roles and activities I fulfilled during my professional career:
• Mainstream software development
• Managing a team of software developers
• Technology evaluation and due diligence
• Technology research
• Software architecture and design
• Software functional design
• Inter-vendor technology partnership and integration
• Software implementation consulting/delivery
• Presales/sales support
This is the list of technologies and skills I possess:
• Software Quality Management, including tools, technologies and methodologies
• Performance problems root cause analysis
• Web and other communications technologies
• Mobile platforms and technologies
• ERP/CRM platforms and technologies (SAP, Oracle)
• Service Oriented Architecture/Enterprise Software Architecture
• IT Systems Security - transport and application level
• Cloud Computing