CEO and Co-f...
This profile is maintained by the Onstage curation team using publicly available information. If this is your profile, claim it!Claim profile
Expert in developing new technology-based business propositions, from first idea spark to hands-on execution of technology, business and experience design, including major project management, collaboration and leadership.
* Senior innovation and digital strategy executive with more than 15 years of experience in telecommunications, media and publishing industries.
* 8 years at General Manager level, commercialising innovative technologies at Telstra (Australia’s leading telco, broadband and media company), responsible for major product launches (eg Telstra’s TV set top box, cloud-based business service and utility platforms).
* 10 years experience as an innovation program manager, leading development of online, mobile, tablet and TV products, dealing with complex stakeholder relations and leading teams (of up to 65).
* Founding CEO of successful digital media agency and software engineering startup, driving areas such as fund raising, the share option plan, shareholder/board management and software sales.
* Successfully setup, launched and ran MSNBC/9MSN’s original Australian newsroom and BigPond’s online/mobile news. Built/operated Telstra’s inaugural broadband portal services.
* Senior communications and advocacy roles (Associate Editor at Fairfax Sydney Morning Herald), barrister and Australian Film, TV and Radio School lecturer.
* 10 years providing IT/digital strategy and technology trends advice, and also high level design, development and commercialisation of technology-based products, applications and platforms. Successful examples include an interactive TV scheduling platform (In|Orbit), a digital rights management system (StreamGuard), a variety of online, mobile and broadcast-based content ingestion and management platforms and a mobile alerts and customised notification system.