Head of R&D ...
This profile is maintained by the Onstage curation team using publicly available information. If this is your profile, claim it!Claim profile
Gary is the most experienced cyber security specialist in Brisbane, as he had been a pure play specialist in this field since 1993. This career has been built in part on a masters degree by research in the security field and extensive experience across government and large enterprises.
In 2013 his contributions were recognised by the Australian Information Security Association when they awarded him as their Information Security Professional of the year.
In recent years, he has focused on better ways to communicate cyber risks to the C suite and boards in keeping with the focus of boards in governing cyber security risks.
He has published 50 articles in Australia and internationally. He combines excellent communications and business analysis skills with a thorough mix of technical and managerial security controls. His career highlights include:
1. Defining the security architectures for Internet and telephone banking systems,
2. Designing and building the security for a classified Defence combat support system,
3. Developing both the technical and managerial security plans for the new Queensland Public Safety Network with 600 sites shared by 3 different agencies,
4. Developing pragmatic security plans for process control systems (SCADA),
5. Leading security reviews by the Queensland Audit Office,
6. Design and presenting Cyber Security Risk Management training.