Marketing & ...
Dr Anita Parbhakar-Fox is a Senior Research Fellow in Geometallurgy and Applied Geochemistry at the W.H Bryan Mining and Geology Research Centre within the Sustainable Minerals Institute at the University of Queensland.
• 13 years experience in environmental geochemistry, specifically acid rock drainage (ARD) prediction.
• Experience in geometallurgy, and it's application for ARD characterisation.
• Practical expertise in ARD laboratory tests (e.g., static and kinetic tests).
• Expertise in performing microanalytical techniques including: XRD, SEM, EPMA, MLA &LA-ICPMS.
• Experience in lecturing (BSc, MSc & professionals) and supervising students (Hons and PhD).
• Expertise in technical writing: journal publications, generating SOP's, protocols & industry reports.
• Regular reviewer of journals publications (associate editor, Minerals Engineering).
• Diverse experience gained from working with industry, academics and government.
• Solid geological, environmental and geochemical background.
CSIRO Cutting Edge Science and Engineering Symposium, 2019
27 May, 2019 • 45 people in the audience
In Australia there are reported to be 50,000+ abandoned mine sites with a significant proportion of these in need for rehabilitation to reduce the environmental risks posed to the neighbo...